Non-EU citizens must apply for a student visa at the Italian Consulate of their jurisdiction.

For further information, please refer to the regulation of the Ministry of University and Research on “Procedures for entry, stay, registration of international students and the related recognition of qualifications for Higher Education courses in Italy” (, the Visa portal on the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website ( or the specific websites of the Diplomatic/Consular delegations in your country.