The modalities of transport of people and goods are evolving rapidly and drastically. Such a change involves automotive technologies with more and more performing and green vehicles as well as infrastructures and the organization of the city itself, leading us to imagine a radical change in the lifestyle of people soon to happen. Technology innovation in the mobility industry is one of the main components of a green economy, strategic and crucial to the fast energy transition course.
This makes the sustainable mobility and transport industries among the most promising and dynamic ones for future professional roles, the most prominently emerging is the role of mobility manager. The Course offers the necessary tools and a wide range of technical competencies to deal with the great technological and cultural transformations that are drastically changing the ways of transporting people and goods. Particular attention will be paid to the most crucial aspects in this transformation such as: electric and hybrid traction, the interconnectivity of vehicles, industry-specific digital technologies, the ‘drive self’ systems, the infrastructures needed for this transformation to take place, the potential of ‘smart city’ in mobility, the passage from the logic of ownership to the one of sharing (sharing economy), the introduction of new models of management of integrated logistics.
Technology innovation will be the main drive behind the way the course modules are developed and the execution of project work. Through the direct involvement with the training activities of industry stakeholders and associations, the Master in “Technologies in Mobility and Sustainable Transport” wants to offer learners a well-structured and original product, based primarily on a technical and vertical approach that allows up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative technologies in the industry as well as a practical understanding of relevant market trends.
Duration: 12 Months
As with every Professional Master’s programme, the Course lasts 1.500 hours/year; of which:
• 300-400 dealing with lessons and seminars
• 250 individual study
• 350-400 stage/applied research
• 400 thesis and exams
• Residual: Seminars
Academic Credits : 60 academic credits
Stage and Didactic Programme:
In the start-up phase of the Course, educational offers aimed at the needs of each student and group work will be studied and prepared. Thus, it will be possible to start a tailored programme on an individual level, but more often working groups will be created which will carry out collective activities coordinated by teachers and tutors.
The individual work, the stage, mainly as an internship (applied research or field experience) and the thesis work will also be scheduled in line with the prearranged schedule.
This Master’s programme is addressed to holders of Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain management, business, economics, technological sciences, but also experts and professionals involved in transportation, management of intercontinental, international (air, road, sea and digital), national and local transports. Lifelong learners and current professionals from global environments are also welcome to apply.
A detailed CV/Resume is also required.
Students will be able to:
• Acquire the main technical competencies of the mobility manager.
• Understand the technology and city planning issues involved in the shift from internal combustion traction to electric traction and from traditional logistics to sustainable logistics.
• Know the main technologies underlying sustainable logistics.
• Understand the strategic role of urban and non-urban infrastructures and define the elements necessary for a shift of the mobility system.
• Obtain the competencies to understand the peculiar aspects of this transition (new traction technologies, new industrial models, sustainable planning of the production processes and of the products, social awareness and informing people, training management, Human resource management, administrators, and politicians).
Mobility and sustainable logistics are seeing a major and very rapid expansion which is going to affect every single productive and social area of the planet.
The Course will form mobility managers and experts in mobility and sustainable logistics. Their natural career pathway will be in:
• Local Authorities.
• Activities of strategic consulting in Public Administration and private businesses.
• Vehicles manufacturers.
• Air, Sea, Road, and Digital Transportation.
• Mobility services providers.
• National and international organizations willing to incorporate sustainable mobility in their business.
• Research institutes and international universities.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2023 / 2024
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes